Instagram remains a widely used platform in order to promote personal as well as business contents by showcasing them in the right amount to all your followers and making sure that you maintain the quality of all such posts which are being displayed. Once you gain a vast number of followers via your Instagram profile, it is essential that you keep concentrating on developing excellent ideas and posts by making use of your creativity in order to stand out from others and also to keep your community focused on you.
Once you have set up a successful atmosphere and are receiving constant responses from your community, you will definitely take note if there is any sudden change in the glow of engagement through your social media page which would suddenly alarm you and raise a cause of concern in your mind. When there is a sudden drop in the number of likes and comments on your post and when you cross-check and realize that the number has indeed decreased from that of your previous posts, you may have a doubt if the Instagram shadowban feature is taking its toll on your account. The main problem at hand is that many users might not be aware of the feature that is tremendously attacking their account from gaining those extra followers via using a massive amount of creative hashtags through which they expect their followers and others on the portal to see their contents.
Hence if you are an active user of Instagram and use the platform in order to grow your community or services by a huge amount, It is vital that you get a complete understanding of the newly risen features that can cause you confusion in the first go.
The reason behind the feature:
Even though Instagram has never openly admitted regarding the stunt that is being pulled in between the servers which may lead many of its users in a state of concern especially new Instagrammers rising on the platform who isn’t aware of the basics, there are times when the said issue was addressed moderately. In order to get into the depths of this particular feature, it is important to know that shadowban is a feature that makes your posts invisible to users who are trying to search for content via the used hashtags.
There are numerous speculations that go around stating that Instagram often programs its servers in order to filter out certain hashtags which are against its terms and conditions to be taken out from the public feed by separating them so that they won’t appear in the common search window even if a user searches specifically for the tag that you have used in your post. This would make it harder for new users to reach out to you if they are unable to see your posts and hence bring about a vast decrease in your new follower number causing you panic.
Even though no direct acknowledgments have been made for the said topic it is often a commonly known fact among long-term and active users that sometimes certain posts get affected with a lower level of engagement than what was expected and lower than what was received earlier for previous posts. As there are no valid instances from the provider proving the point to be right, there are many numbers of people who believe that the feature in all its glory and mechanisms is just a myth that is introduced by others so as to establish an explanation for their lower popular posts.
Every platform has its own terms and conditions which are set once they are establishing a structure since it is essential to maintain a balance and certain borders have to be set especially if the medium is designed to accommodate the needs of a vast population. Instagram has only given comments on how certain users are being affected with the hashtag search issue that is raising more concern among others and gave assurance that they as providers are working on the baseline in order to improve their services and to come up with better options and updates available on the portal.
While your follower family will be able to view and enjoy your contents this filtering makes it harder for any new user to even come in contact with any of your posts on the platform which would mean that you would have to check for solutions in order to make sure others can see you as well. Only then you can expect them to check out your content and follow you thereby causing your family to be extended and to grow even bigger on a larger scale and hence it is crucial to take is seriously from this point forth.
What to do in order to avoid this loss?
As there are numerous users on the platform, even for such an issue prevalent you can maintain a check with certain facts and figures in order to keep your posts at bay along with the rules and regulations of Instagram such as:
1. Beware of broken hashtags
- you use a hashtag on your own or even something which is commonly used there are very high chances that you might not know about the technical details or the numbers in regards to the component you are using. Even if it a simple and a genuine hashtag, if there is any previously reported or found sensitive or spam images that are in relation to the hashtag that you made use of, then Instagram by default counts your post under the same category and make your post invisible as a whole from other user’s feed. So you can check and make sure you are not using any inappropriate tags while you are putting up a post as it is always better to be careful than ending up being sorry.
- In prior to putting up any post, you can always check and research the number and type of hashtags that should be used in association with your content and the information inside and also use certain online tools to cross-check so that you wouldn’t face any issues regarding your tags being broken.
2. Time limit exceed
- as previously mentioned as a social media platform, it only makes sense that Instagram has set certain boundaries to features that can be used over a period of time which is eventually help them and their systems to regulate the traffic that is being generated at that point of time. If you are exceeding the daily/hourly limits of posting contents or showing signs of engagement within the platform this is will be noted by the system servers which essentially defers depending on your actual age and since this state of action needs to be controlled, the platform will definitely pull your account to the mode where you cant abuse the time limits any more.
- You can keep a check of how many activities you are engaging in throughout the platform within a certain period of time and take essential breaks in order to avoid being continual on the social activities being performed in the time frame so that you can use your media components later as well.
3. Account reporting
- times your account and its contents might get reported by other users on the platform for many reasons such as inappropriate or disturbing contents, sensitive topics, nudity, spams, copyright issues, etc and this may pose a higher problem for you in the long run. Instagram does observe such accounts which get continually reported for the same or different reasons and would also make sure to look upon the data that is being shared in your platform in order to separate your account from the public’s search feed making it harder for your contents to be viewed by anyone outside your community.
- Check and recheck your posts for any kind of issues in relation to copyright or culture appropriation before sharing on the platform and also collectively take opinions from your family or friends regarding the same as a way of cross-checking all the details before making the content public through your account.
4. Terms and conditions
- Instagram has listed its terms and conditions which contain details regarding all its policies and rules to be followed while being active on the platform that also gives an overall control as well as balance among the users in the Instagram family. There are many numbers of software that are available in the digital market associated to Instagram which makes your social life much easier by helping you plan as well as automatically update contents for you as well to which many people are resorting to in order to set up a constant level of engagement within you and your followers.
- It is very crucial to make sure that you go through the provider’s regulations regarding any other third-party application use and come to make use of software which is pre-approved by Instagram in order to work in collaboration with them can help you win the race.
5. Avoid using bot activity
- the efficient advancement in technology, there are users who at times, misuse the amount of technology is available to them by making use of bots as such in order to show active state via their likes, comments and other engagement which is all done automatically. The bots often do the task easily without having to spend much time on each post content and often move on from content to content after leaving a one-word comment under a post and do this on inhuman speed which will eventually grab the eyes of the service systems who are observing.
- Instagram as a platform has and is working on coming up with tougher algorithms and programs for their servers in order to enable them to catch and identify bot activities more crucially which would eventually force people to limit the use of such technology on this portal and on their account.
- you are used to all the features that are available on the platform there are times when you overuse certain hashtags in the content posted so as to gain a number of attention to the new updates posts which would make your repeat your own tags again. Doing this might result in Instagram detecting your post as spam after the repetition factor that is being identified in relation to your posts and cause them to shadowban your account further making your efficient posts to be harder to spot by the Instagram users.
- You can keep an eye out for most relevant hashtags that are often being used throughout the portal and come with your own ideas in order to create contents that are good in quality and safe from all the regulations and algorithms that are set by the providers towards the Instagram’s usability.
How to know for sure:
Once you know the platform thoroughly, even the slight changes which are made in your account will be easy notices by you and you often find yourself rushing to find out the right reasons for the issue that has been raised. Initially, if you have any doubts as to your account getting shadowbanned you can try reaching out to about 2-3 non-followers who are on the platform and ask them to enter any one of your hashtags to see if your contents are popping up in the result bars.
If you want more details regarding the said doubt, you can also use any relevant analyzer software which will check your content through your username or through the link that you have entered in order to make sure if the posts are being displayed when the correct tags are searched. If found to be affected by this feature, you can go through your posts and reanalyze them in order to delete unnecessary hashtags that are relevant to the content and also distribute them accordingly so that not too many tags are used in the same post.
You have to make sure to avoid any sort of third-party application which you might have used on Instagram at a point of time, which made the provider separate your content as such as it was found to be against their terms of service mentioned. Check your posts to make sure there isn’t any sensitive or inappropriate content in the tags that are used and remove anything that even slight indicates the same as if found to be guilty, Instagram has the power to make that entire post disappear from the eyes of any other public in the portal thereby denying its existence.’
can try and keep away from your social media platform in order to get through this tough patch as then you can give yourself that individual time instead of being online pushing your daily limits to a point where Instagram has to restrict your post access to the population and its feeds. Keeping away from the portal for about 2-3 days and refraining yourself from engaging in any activity such as liking, commenting or sharing can bring about a change in your usage metric and show that you can use the application without exceeding its said time limit.
Research on certain contents before preparing a post content can actually save you a lot of time such as keeping a record of all the broken and banned hashtags that are listed and is free to be viewed by anyone who wants the listing can help you avoid those tags from your posts. Go through the regulations set by the provider in order to get a clear understanding of where the issue arose and keep an eye out so that such rules will always be followed by giving extra care and attention to such intricate details and methodologies on the portal.
By maintaining a constant state of engagement with your community family in order to feed them with more quality contents and also staying connected to them is important, using bots in order to generate automated response and activities may give you results in the first go temporarily but will cause more damage than good in the long run. When you get free time, try reading more about the tags that are relevant to be used and brainstorm your mind to see if you can come up with creative and quirky hashtags that you can use in your future posts.
You can always stay genuine to your cause and to your follower family in order to maintain the effort that you used to put in, in the initial stages of your account build and keep doing the same organically by getting engaged to the users on your own via meaningful gestures in order to make it easy for them to relate to you and your contents as well. With all the open opportunities that the platform sets in front of our eyes, it is only essential that we keep ourselves in constant check regarding all the ground rules and good practices to be followed as suggested.